Termini e condizioni del servizio
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and expressions shall when used in this Agreement have the following meanings:
- Shop – the online Shop – gannwood.com.
- Goods – All products offered for sale in the Shop.
- Regulations – these regulations.
- Sales Contract – a contract entered into by you with Shop; Act of March 2d 2000, On the protection of certain consumer rights and liability for damage caused by a dangerous product, shall apply to this Contract.
§2. GENERAL INFORMATION
- By using the Shop the You state that you accept the Regulations.
- Information on the Goods in the Shop including descriptions and prices of Goods, are an invitation to submit an offer to conclude a sales agreement, according to the Article 71 of the Civil Code, in accordance with the terms of these Regulations.
- Presentations and photos of the Goods offered are exemplary.
- You access the information about the characteristics of the Goods, their prices, the materials which they are made of, etc.
- When using the Shop, you are obliged to:
- Use of the content on the Shop for personal purposes;
- Use the Shop in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Poland, European Union and the provisions of these Regulations.
§ 3. NEWSLETTER AND WAITLIST
By filling out a form on the website of the Shop, you can subscribe to the newsletter, or one time notifications about product availability changes, through which you agree to:
- Receiving information from the Shop within the meaning of Art. 10 paragraph. 2 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on Electronic Services
- Collection and processing of personal data by the shop for marketing purposes in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data,
- The Shop, as administrator of all personal data provided by you, ensures their protection in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data.
- You may cancel the newsletter service at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of each of the e-mail messages.
§4. SALE AGREEMENT
- The sales agreement is concluded between you and Shop.
- Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Orders placed on working days will be processed in three working day after the date on which the sale was concluded.
- You will need to provide all the necessary address details for the Sales Agreement to be successfully concluded.
- In order to place an order, you have to choose a product, select its variant and quantity, and add them to Cart, by using an appropriate button.
- You can place an order by clicking on the “Confirm order” button on the checkout page. After placing an order, you will receive an order confirmation via email.
- You have the right to cancel the order before receiving a confirmation from the Shop of order being shipped. For this purpose, you should immediately contact the Shop via email. The orders that include custom-made Goods cannot be canceled or returned.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order when you provide false information, or the payment is not authorised by the selected electronic payment system: Stripe or PayPal, or payment has not been finalised within two work days of placing the order.
- The delivery times, indicated when ordering, are the typical time it takes for the order to reach you. The Goods are delivered to the selected deliver address by a shipping company of the Shop’s choice. Charges for the delivery are quoted during the checkout process. Expected delivery time is 3-5 working days from the day after posting, for domestic orders, 7-21 working days in the EU. The maximum delivery time should not exceed 30 days from the date of conclusion of the Sale. The Goods will be dispatched in one to three working days after the Shop receives the Payment from you via the selected payment system.
- Upon receiving the delivery you should carefully check the contents of the shipment, the state of the outer packaging and condition of the Goods ordered. In case of noticing any damage, you should prepare a damage report with the courier, in two identical copies signed by you and the courier.
§6. SALE, PRICES, PAYMENTS
- The Prices of the Goods indicated on the website will be binding for both parties from the receipt of the confirmation of the Order. The Prices will not change regardless of the changes in the Shop, that occur after you receive the Order Confirmation. All prices are gross prices quoted in Euro.
- You can select the payment method. Shop allows you to make electronic payments with Stripe or PayPal.
- The Shop reserves the right to change the prices of the Goods available in the Shop, introduce new Goods, conduct and cancel promotions or make other changes in accordance with the Civil Code and other applicable laws. These changes will not violate the rights of any Customer who has already entered into a contract of sale of the Goods offered in the Shop before the above listed changes.
§7. WARRANTY, RETURNS AND COMPLAINTS
- The Shop is liable to you according to the of Art. 221 of the Civil Code Goods purchased for non-compliance for the Goods purchased. All goods offered in the Shop are new. Photos of the Goods are exemplary, since all goods are hand made, and one of a kind. Therefore, slight differences may occur in the appearance of products. Goods made to order, or according to your specifications can not be exchanged and returned.
- Good purchased from the Shop can be returned, if they do not comply with the Contract of Sale. In order to request a Return, please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a Return form, which should be sent to use together with the Goods, to the address specified in the Return form. You will receive information about the status of the Return request within 14 days from the date of the receipt of the Goods by the Shop. After an approval, the Shop will send you a full-fledged product (repaired or new) within 14 days, and if that is not possible (eg. the product is out of stock), the Shop will reimburse the full price paid for the Goods.
- If the Goods are damaged during transport to you, you are obliged to prepare a damage report, together with the courier, as stated in §5.2. The damage report will serve as a basis for the Return request. You have the right to return the Goods for any reason within 14 days of receipt of the Goods. In order to do so, you should request a Return form, by sending an email to email@example.com and return the Goods to the Shop within 14 days of receipt of the Goods (with the original tags included, unused and clean, odourless). A reimbursement will be sent to your account within a maximum of 14 days from the date of the receipt of the Goods by the Shop. If payment was made using a credit card, the refund will be made to the same card.
- The shop has the right to refuse to accept the Return, if the return was made after the allowed time, or the Goods were in some way deficient.
- We do not accept the Goods returned by COD.
- How we use your personal data
- Your personal data is protected by the Shop against unauthorized disclosure, destruction or unauthorized modification by the use of appropriate technical and organizational security.
to create anonymised statistics that help us to understand you use the Shop, which allows us to improve the content and functionality. We use Google Analytics to collect this data.
make sure you have seen the Cookie notice.
- Providing your personal data to others
- Your personal data will be shared with PayPal or Stripe for the purpose of paying for the order.
- Your personal data necessary for delivering the order will be shared with the shipping company.
- If you subscribe to the newsletter or waitlist, your email address and language preference will be shared with MailChimp.
- International transfers of your personal data
- In this section, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in the EU.
- Your personal data may be shared with certain payment gateways, shipping companies, analytics platforms as detailed in the Regulations. All of these comply with the necessary regulations about storing data of EU nationals.
- Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We will retain your personal data as follows:
- All data relating to transactions, including contact details, correspondence records and all transaction details will be retained for a minimum of five years where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We will hold your personal information on our newsletter until you manually unsubscribe or request for your details to be removed.
- We will hold your personal information on our waitlist until the product you selected becomes available, and an email notification is sent, or until you manually unsubscribe or request for your details to be removed.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 4, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural persons
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email if you have consented to receive our newsletter.
- Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
§9. FINAL PROVISIONS
- “Ganka sp. z o.o.” is the sole administrator of the Shop, registered in Chrzanów, Kościuszki str. 12/7, 32-500, Poland, EU VAT number PL 676 245 39 21.
- The acceptance of these Regulations is required to purchase Goods offered by the Shop.
- The Regulations shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the substantive laws of Poland without giving effect to any choice of law rules and principles thereof.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this Regulation or the breach, termination or invalidity hereof or thereof, which cannot be resolved between the parties by way of consultation and negotiation, shall be settled in court.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Rules at any time. Amendments to the Regulations may not infringe the rights acquired by you when using the Shop before.
- All photos, graphics, logos, publications and texts available in the Shop are protected by the Law of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights (OJ 1994 No. 24 pos. 83). Unauthorised copying, reproduction or distribution of any content posted on the Shop is prohibited.