Cookies Policy About cookies
Cookies are pieces of information that the Gannwood website sends to a computer while the individual is browsing the Gannwood website. Cookies work in combination with content within the website itself, to capture and remember information. For instance, cookies are used to remember and process the items in a shopping cart. Cookies may be a session cookie or a persistent cookie which indicates how long the cookie will stay on a device. A persistent cookie is stored on a device for a longer period of time unless this is deleted by the individual before the expiry date. A session cookie will be deleted when an individual end the browser session of Gannwood website. These cookies help Gannwood to collect data such as language preferences, webpages visited, time spent on the Gannwood website and other web traffic data. Gannwood uses this data to improve services, analyse the activities and to personalize the individuals experience. Cookies may allow Gannwood to analyse which personalized offers may interest the individual and how the individual interacts with other offers and to understand the use of the individual on other websites. Information collected
In certain circumstances Gannwood may also collect personal information about the individual but only where the individual voluntarily provides it (e.g. sign up for personalized offers) or where a customer purchase goods or services from Gannwood. Consent for cookies
There are generally three categories of cookies: "Functional", "Analytical", "Marketing". Gannwood uses all three categories of cookies. The individual can find out more about these cookies below.
1. Functional cookies.
These cookies are essential, as they help make the website usable by enabling functions such as for the individual to move around the website. These cookies are required to let the website function. These cookies allow Gannwood to remember preferences like preferred language. The data Gannwood collects is anonymised and therefore Gannwood cannot identify the individual and these are not used to track the browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Cookies who direct the individual to the website channel that is most suitable for the device (mobile/desktop);
- Cookie that ensures no cookie is placed for tracking without consent;
- Cookie that remembers wish lists;
- Cookie that enables the individual to travel through the website and will stay connected to the right web server.
- Keep track of the items stored in the shopping basket;
- Remember information the individual fills in during purchase process;
- Remember preferences such as location, language;
- Reading out browser settings to be able to display our website optimally on your screen;
- Detecting abuse of our website and services, for example by registering a number of failed log-in attempts;
- Offering the possibility to save log-in data so that the individual does not have to enter it every time;
- Making it possible to respond to our website
2. Analytical Cookies.
These cookies allow Gannwood to monitor the performance of our website and helps Gannwood to understand how the individual interacts with our website. These cookies may be used to allow Gannwood to know that the individual has logged in so that Gannwood can serve fresher content than a user who has never logged in. Gannwood uses analytical services such as google analytics to collect data to analyse trends. The information Gannwood collects is done without identifying the individual.
- Cookies to identify trends and perform analysis on how to improve the website (such as google analytics);
- For Google analytics Gannwood has anonymized IP addresses, has signed a Data Processing; agreement and does not share personal data with third parties;
- To analyse and identify patterns;
- To analyse if changes are improvements;
- Internal search button on webpage which direct the individual to the right product page;
- Keep track on clicks on our website for Gannwood to analyse where the most relevant information should be.
3. Marketing Cookies.
Third parties may have the ability to place social cookies on the website of Gannwood and Gannwood may be able to place social cookies on the website and third-party website. Our advertising partners or other third-party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to the interests of individuals. These cookies can remember that a device has visited a site and may also be able to track the device's browsing activity on other sites or services other than Gannwood. This information may be shared with organizations outside Gannwood, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising. Based on the information Gannwood collects Gannwood is able to send more specialized offers and is able to advertise on the website and that of third parties based on the interests of the individual. The information Gannwood collects is purchase behaviour, which advertisements the individual has seen, how often the individual has seen them and whether the individual buys a product.
On some pages of our website the individual may see advertisements / cookies that are not related to Gannwood. When, for example the individual visits Facebook this third party may set their own cookie on the device of the individual and is then able to use our website to set this cookie. Gannwood does not have control of the use of these third-party cookies and is not able to access these cookies. Cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies. Our third parties are: Facebook, Google Inc., MailChimp Inc.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
- Cookie that combines shopping behaviour and when consent is given for newsletters and personalized offers to send personalized offers that might interest the individual;
- Cookie which keeps track on the pages that are visited on our website in order for partner websites to show relevant advertisement.
- Google analytics which measures how the individual uses our website in order for us to help the individual choose the product that best suits the individual. Also, to show offers that might be interesting for the individual.
- Cookie which sees what products are have viewed on our website in order for third parties to offer relevant advertisements.
- To advertise based on the interests of an individual on our website and that of third parties.
The length of time a cookie will stay on a computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on a device until the individual stops browsing. Persistent cookies stay on a computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted. How to control and delete cookies?
If an individual wants to delete any cookies that are already on the computer, please refer to the help and support section on the internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that Gannwood online services cannot always control third-party cookies stored on the machine from our online services and that setting the individual's cookie preferences with Gannwood will not stop those third-party cookies from being stored on the machine. Therefore the individual must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party. Please see the 'Type of Cookies' section for more information.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org
. Please note that by deleting the Gannwood cookies or disabling future cookies the individual may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Gannwood site. Data subject rights
An individual has the ability to request access, restriction, portability, erasure, rectification of your personal data and file a complaint regarding their data subject rights by sending an email to email@example.com. Please make sure the request is specified and provide evidence that it concerns your personal data. Gannwood shall respond to the individual within one month of receipt.
An individual has the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data Gannwood holds at any time.
- The right to ask Gannwood to correct the personal data that is incorrect and to complete incomplete information Gannwood holds about you.
- The right to be forgotten and to object and ask Gannwood to delete personal data if Gannwood has no legal or regulatory obligation to keep personal data.
- The right to restrict personal data.
- The right to ask Gannwood to provide a copy of the personal data that Gannwood holds about you.
- The right to file a complaint with Gannwood or with the Dutch Supervisory Authority.
It may be possible that Gannwood shall keep personal data for archiving purposes for exercising the rights and freedom of expression and information, based on a legal obligation, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority reasons, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, for archiving purposes in the public interest of scientific, historical research purposes or statistical purposes or for establishment, exercises or defense of legal claims.
Gannwood shall communicate rectification or erasure of the personal data with third parties unless it proves impossible or involve disproportionate effort. Gannwood shall inform the individual about the third parties. Changes and updates
Gannwood is registered in the Poland under VAT number 6762453921. Gannwood contact details are: by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our service team will get back to you within 24 hours.